SRF 2021: The year in review by the numbers
Listen to Mike’s latest podcast running down these numbers and view the numbers spreadsheet.
- $1.8M committed to SYNGAP1 Research via 13 different grants to 10 institutions.
- 75k+ following @cureSYNGAP1 on 6 social media channels.
- 985 Patients counted in 58 countries.
- 154 US patients enrolled in Ciitizen.
- 143 Wednesday Warriors profiled on our site.
- 95 blog posts to update families.
- 52 Webinars in 3 languages on our website.
- 41 Episodes of our Weekly Podcast updating families.
- 17 Families currently or previously represented on our Board of Directors.
- 12 US or UK umbrella organizations joined to ensure SYNGAP1 is at the table.
- 10 Scientists and clinicians on our Scientific Advisory Board.
- 10 iPSC cell lines funded in two biobanks, +1 at Baylor we funded, +3 at Simons, +8 with Coba, +2 Penn, +1 at Cornell.
- 5 Patient movies on our site, including the award-winning Celebrating Caren.
- 5 Studies recruited for with Ciitizen, Kennedy Kreiger, Duke University, University of Toronto, and John Carroll University.
- 4 Roundtables Complete - 3 at AES & 1 en Espanol: 1st syngap.fund/rt1; 2nd: syngap.fund/rt2; 3rd: syngap.fund/rt; Espanol: syngap.fund/cc1.
- 3 Discrete organizations formed: SRF US, SRF UK & Fondo Syngap.
- 1 ICD-10 Code secured from US CDC. Working on an ICD-11 from WHO.
- Zero donor dollars spent on overhead costs as they are all covered by our Founders.
Thank you for a great year and all your support. We can’t wait to see what the future holds for all our Syngapians and SRF!